Durham-based DesignHammer is seeking to hire a Project Manager looking to collaborate with our clients and contribute to their success while growing professionally. The ideal candidate will have agency experience with a passion for working with clients to turn challenges into solutions that achieve results.
Founded in 2001, DesignHammer is an award-winning full-service web strategy, design, and development firm that builds smarter websites for smart companies. Our vision is to make the world a better and more sustainable place by helping clients achieve success. We partner with clients to solve key business problems; leveraging web technologies and our documented, repeatable process.
Our Core Values center on:
- People — We are client-centric while maintaining a healthy work/life balance for employees
- Sustainability — We look to minimize our carbon footprint by maximizing available technologies and methodologies.
- Collaboration — We believe in collaborative decision-making both in the office and with clients
- Innovation — We use proven practices and the latest technology to help companies achieve organizational goals and solve their greatest business problems
DesignHammer offers a fun, casual, and flexible work environment built around forty-hour workweek.
DesignHammer encourages professional development through support of industry organizations though sponsorships, company and individual memberships:
- AIGA, the professional association for design
- American Marketing Association
- Drupal Association
- Raleigh PR Society
- User Experience Professionals Association
Job responsibilities will include:
- Managing multiple simultaneous projects that typically run for three to six months
- Collaborating with client stakeholders and DesignHammer staff to complete projects on time and to specification
- Maintain open and collaborative client communications
- Manage production capacity and work with DesignHammer staff to adjust to changing deadlines and priorities
- Conduct in-person and remote meetings
- Write articles for DesignHammer blog
- Attend local professional meetings for professional growth and represent DesignHammer
We are looking for candidates who are:
- A good fit with DesignHammer culture — nice people of integrity who work hard and play hard. No drama.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented who can work independently
- Able to contribute as a team player on an interdisciplinary team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing projects in a creative or digital agency or managing in-house web projects required
- Experienced in common project management methodologies a plus
- Experience with website design and development a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Data Studio a plus
- Able to communicate with clients and manage their workloads to meet shifting deadlines and budgets
- Interested in learning new techniques and technologies
- Interested in growing professionally
- Looking to play a role in shaping the online presence of local, regional, and national organizations