Durham-based DesignHammer is looking for a versatile Drupal Developer to join our dynamic team. Applicant must be excited to develop Drupal solutions for a wide variety of organizations. Experience building and maintaining standards-compliant Drupal websites a must.
Founded in 2001, DesignHammer is an award-winning full-service web strategy, design, and development firm that builds smarter websites for smart companies. Our vision is to make the world a better and more sustainable place by helping clients achieve success. We partner with clients to solve key business problems; leveraging web technologies and our documented, repeatable process.
Our Core Values center on:
- People — We are client-centric while maintaining a healthy work/life balance for employees
- Sustainability — We look to minimize our carbon footprint by maximizing available technologies and methodologies.
- Collaboration — We believe in collaborative decision-making both in the office and with clients
- Innovation — We use proven practices and the latest technology to help companies achieve organizational goals and solve their greatest business problems
DesignHammer offers a fun, casual, and flexible work environment built around forty-hour workweek.
While the company has been working distributed since March 2020 due to the pandemic, we expect to be back in our offices in 2022. Candidates available to work at our Durham, NC office by Fall 2022 are preferred, but virtual (US-based only) will be considered. Our team is 100% vaccinated for COVID-19.
DesignHammer encourages professional development through support of industry organizations though sponsorships, company, and individual memberships:
- Drupal Association
- User Experience Professionals Association
- AIGA, the professional association for design
- American Marketing Association
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop new websites using Drupal, and other frameworks
- Collaborating with DesignHammer staff to meet project specifications
- Code standards compliant HTML/CSS/JS
- Maintain existing websites
- Attend local professional meetings/meetups for professional growth and represent DesignHammer
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Experienced developing and maintaining Drupal websites, including writing custom module code, themes, integrations, and services in Drupal 7, 8, and 9
- Acquia certified (or ability to take and pass the exam within three month of starting)
- A good fit with DesignHammer culture — nice people of integrity who work hard and play hard. No drama
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented who can work independently
- Able to contribute as a team player on an interdisciplinary team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in developing sites for LAMP
- Experience developing for Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP. Experience with JSON and Python a plus.
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Experienced with version control systems such as Git
- Passionate on coding to best practices
- Want to play a major role in shaping the online presence of major regional and national organizations