This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their careers as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Senior Drupal Engineer.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Engineer at Kanopi Studios, you are instrumental in delivering outstanding digital experiences to our clients. This role is varied and can include anything from deeply technical custom integrations to strategic improvements on existing sites. Your day-to-day includes spending your time hands-on developing and collaborating on sites while staying accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
Your typical work week might include:
- Understanding the business goals and needs of your clients for sites you support.
- Making smart technical design decisions and tradeoffs that consider your clients’ business requirements.
- Expertly crafting custom front- or back-end solutions in Drupal
- End-to-end responsibilities for engineering work on complex projects.
- Contributing to our common code libraries.
- Writing tests and contributing to test cases.
- Technical planning and execution of new features on existing sites.
- Building against an established suite of user stories for large-scale projects.
- Proactively identifying issues and technical limitations and communicating clearly across agency functional areas.
- Clearly document code and processes to communicate your technical decisions.
- Mentoring new and developing engineers.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $75,400-$105,600 - the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of related Drupal experience. Front-end experience strongly preferred.
- Have worked in an agency environment, preferably in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends.
- Show strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, and initiative.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern development workflows, including use of the command line, gitflow, containers, and dev/stage/prod environments.
- Deeply understand modern web standards and technologies.
- Exhibit thoughtful, inclusive, and articulate communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Have some React.js or Vue experience (this would be an awesome plus).
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.