Lullabot - Content Designer
Drupal Camp Asheville 2021 Online Edition - July 8th-9th
Lullabot is hiring a Content Designer who can thrive as part of a friendly, collaborative, service-oriented team. The Content Designer will work directly with clients to define their high level goals, assess and analyze their content, design content models, communicate recommendations, and work with editorial teams in preparation for migration and redesign projects. Lullabot’s Content Designers work closely with client stakeholders and the Strategy team to collaborate towards project goals, as well as with development teams in defining projects as they are built. Some level of experience with large-scale CMS projects is a requirement for this position.
The successful candidate will aspire to embody our core values.
- Inspire & Empower - share what you know and attempt to make those around you better than yourself.
- Be Human - strive to be honest, humane, friendly, caring, and humble.
- Kick Ass - be awesome and do work that you can be proud of.
- Invent & Innovate - seek out new possibilities and solutions to create success.
- Collaborate Openly - work as a team with sharing and trust to accomplish more.
- Have Fun - focus on the positive and downplay competition and negativism.
Lullabot is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to be a place where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel safe while doing so. We not only believe this is a core part of our Be Human value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!
- Designing and leading client workshops
- Facilitating exercises to determine client goals and priorities
- Creating briefs, decks, etc. to distill key insights and project priorities for diverse sets of stakeholders and project teams
- Creating content models which define entity types, how they relate to each other, what properties they have, and associated metadata. Working with development teams as they translate these documents into CMS implementation
- Creating inventories of client content using automated tools in combination with manual collection. Analyzing content for issues like readability, voice and tone as well as structural issues like non-semantic composition, improper metadata, etc.
- Working with client stakeholders, editorial users, and others to evaluate and make recommendations for ideal content governance models.
- Improving client authoring experience. Interviewing editorial stakeholders to collect requirements and pain points, assessing editorial and page building tools for different use cases, working in an iterative fashion with development teams to refine and hone these tools.
- Review and craft UI and UX writing recommendations (including navigation, micro-copy, and longform)
- Some level of experience with large-scale CMS projects
- Assisting the sales team in calls with potential clients and writing responses to proposals and RFPs
- Helping to build and grow the strategy practice inside Lullabot
We're Looking For
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management abilities
- Independent judgement and decision making
- An insatiable curiosity about the way organizations work and how to communicate their message to the world.
- Ability to act as the bridge between design and development, helping to translate customer designs and goals into dev-facing deliverables
- An instinct to taxonomize any set of data that is put in front of them.
- An understanding of the principal technologies of the web (HTML, CSS, CMS, etc.)
- Experience with the following software
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Visualization and flowcharting (OmniGraffle, Visio, etc.)
- Ticketing systems (Jira, etc)
- Experience with the following is highly desirable
- UX Research
- Design tools like Figma or Sketch
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to travel 3-5 times a year in the United States for retreats, meetings, on-sites, etc. Travel will be limited initially due to Covid-19 considerations.
- We are looking for a full-time (40 hours per week), U.S.- or Canada-based employee. Must be legally eligible to work in one of these locations and overlap 4 hours of your schedule to typical US work time zones (8 am ET to 6 pm PT). Specific hours may vary based on client needs.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system. This position is open until July 11. Our first round of interviews will start in July.
Salary Range: $75,000-95,000 annually, pay will be commensurate with experience.
Chances are good that working for Lullabot will be like nothing you've ever done before. Lullabot has been a leader in Drupal web development since our founding in 2006. We’re a distributed company without a central office, and our team is spread out across the U.S., Canada, South America, and Europe. We are masters of communication and our tightly-knit team works very closely despite geographical separation. In fact, most new employees say they feel more connected to their co-workers at Lullabot than they ever did at a conventional co-located company.
Lullabot is a 100% employee-owned ESOP, and the majority of our team are full-time employee-owners. We provide a great benefits package including health, vision, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan; a generous tech stipend for employees to purchase computers, cell phones, or other work-related expenses; and an annual professional development budget. We offer new employees 15 paid-days-off per year, 20 paid-days-off per year after your two-year anniversary, and 25 paid-days-off after your seven-year anniversary. In addition, we offer a four-week paid Sabbatical once an employee hits 10 years with Lullabot. (Plus holidays!) And did we mention there's no commute? Your time is flexible as well, so if you need to take a break to pick the kids up from school, it's not a problem.
We have flexible hours, but we tend to schedule meetings during the North American workday and expect employees to be online and available during most of this time. Self-direction, an approachable and confident attitude, and a focus on quality over quantity are some of the things we look for. We work from both the head and the heart and guide our decisions by our Core Values.
Lullabot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Our EEO policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
One more thing...
We strive to be transparent about our timeline and welcome you to reach out to Human Resources at [email protected] to touch base on your application at any time. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify Human Resources for assistance.