Mediacurrent's Senior Backend Developers are talented, self-motivated, and hands-on software engineers who enjoy clearing these hurdles with poise and panache. Inevitable blockers don’t make you sweat, because you know it’s all part of the product lifecycle.
From design, to deployment, to post-launch phases - including technical trainings - you’ll utilize a wide variety of programming languages to craft elegant solutions to the occasional shortcomings of the digital minutiae to keep things running as smooth as (humanly) possible. This is your field of expertise, after all; you thrive on the ability to demonstrate your prowess from behind the proverbial curtain.
What you'll do
- Research and evaluate solutions, features, and related technologies that fulfill project requirements, augment and improve the application, and anticipate future client needs.
- Provide technical development and analysis across all project types. Specifically focuses on enterprise-level projects.
- Test assigned features to ensure proper functionality, prior to committing to live staging build.
- Mentor team members on development best practices.
- Assist sales team and Director of Development on scoping and pricing custom development and support projects.
- Working with the project lead to analyze customer requirements and system requirements.
- Draft technical plans and functional specification documents for leading custom and support implementations.
- Lead projects with awareness to project deliverables, budget, and client needs.
- Experience designing and building web applications and solutions.
- Demonstrable excellence producing technical solutions at a high level.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Knowledge of custom Drupal implementations, front-end frameworks, and the ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on best practices.
- Deep knowledge of the Drupal application framework, including module and theme layer, and ability to create pragmatic custom technology solutions founded on Drupal best practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to draft detailed technical specification documentation.
- Understanding of current web technologies such as React, Gatsby, GraphQL etc.
- Advanced understanding of Git version control.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan and build large scale technology projects successfully.
- Understanding of efficient deployment workflows.
- Drupal experience.
- React and related technology experience.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, Rational Unified Process, Waterfall, and understanding when to apply them.
- Technology training experience.
- Writing and editorial experience.
Mediacurrent is a remotely distributed, full-service Open Source product agency. We are part of the Code and Theory family of agencies and the larger Stagwell Global Network.
We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. We care about understanding all sides of a problem and tenaciously digging for solutions. We lead with informed opinions and don’t let ego get in the way of the right decision. We collaborate across disciplines and with our client partners as we push for the best work product.
Open Source principles influence everything we do. As we work, we look for ways to improve process and technology, then share our solutions freely for the benefit of others. As one of the most active contributors to the Drupal project, we’re committed to refining and advancing technology for all to use.
Mediacurrent is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming team members from diverse backgrounds and cultures.