Palantir.net - Drupal Engineer
Drupal Camp Asheville 2021 Online Edition - July 8th-9th
Palantir.net is a full-service digital consultancy that designs and develops solutions for healthcare, higher education, technology, and public sector clients using Drupal and other open source technologies. We are consultants for complex digital systems who specialize in working with organizations at all stages of their digital transformation. We combine our expertise with our clients' to help solve complex problems using an agile approach.
Founded in 1996, Palantir is a certified woman-owned small business headquartered near Chicago, Illinois, with a distributed team spread across 16 states and the District of Columbia. We have been a remote-first company since 2015, and our remote work process allows us to successfully collaborate with our clients wherever they are. Our flexible workplace environment is designed to support different people’s working styles and needs. To learn more about Palantir:
Overview of position
- Participate in the design, development, quality assurance and support of Internet-based software applications using both proprietary and open source development tools.
- Work with team leads and clients to determine business needs and requirements as well as user needs and requirements.
- Support team leads with client meetings and follow-up.
- Provide task-based time estimates for individual and team work.
- Help develop project technical specifications, user stories, and acceptance criteria with team members, clients, and external partners.
- Review the work of fellow development team members and provide them with advice, consultation, and code review.
- Update and maintain project tickets in JIRA ticketing system.
- Work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Work effectively on multiple project teams.
- Employ strong communication skills.
- Utilize big picture thinking, keeping client’s business strategies and goals in mind through every project.
- Strong knowledge of PHP and Composer.
- Experience writing object-oriented PHP code.
- Strong knowledge of database design and deployment for dynamic Web sites using MySQL and other similar SQL databases.
- Knowledge of the Drupal 8/9 platform and Drush.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g., CircleCI).
- Experience with other open source CMS and frameworks (such as WordPress) a plus.
- Experience with Apache Solr is a plus.
- Proficient with the Linux/Apache hosting environment.
- Experience with Git version control and GitHub workflows.
- Experience with virtualized development environments and associated tools for automation (Docker, Vagrant, Phing, Ansible).
- Experience with agile software development processes.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience with customer service.
During your first year your accomplishments might include:
First 3 months
Joining the team with a strong background in development and development processes, you may find that in your first few months on the job, you’ll be well-versed with Palantir’s development best practices, chosen technology stack, web accessibility, and core development tools. You may complete assigned tasks and tickets close to estimated time with minimal assistance while learning new areas of code base and new tech quickly.
You’ll write code that usually ships promptly by receiving and successfully integrating critical input from code reviews. Your work should rarely need to be rewritten before shipping; your code is maintainable, works, and is understandable by teammates. You may be asked to provide helpful, timely code reviews.
First 6 months
During your first six months at Palantir, you might have proven your ability to break down and accurately estimate tasks on your own. You know when and how to reach out to others when you need help. Because of this, you’ll have consistently delivered good outcomes within a project scope and hold yourself accountable.
If asked, you may be able to accurately articulate the “why” or rationale behind each ticket or task you’re assigned. You can do that, in part, because you understand the project’s KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and work towards implementing them. You can be counted on to help identify solutions to client issues that arise.
Having demonstrated your communication skills internally, you might be asked to communicate about your work to clients directly. You may be comfortable presenting your work to familiar audiences without much coaching. As part of your drive to share about your work, you may be asked to share about your experiences or lend your expertise as part of a self-organizing team either internally or externally.
Within your first six months, you’ll have had the opportunity to demonstrate your sense of agency and your insights into complex situations that arise on projects. You’ll have demonstrated your ability to accept difficult tasks and gets right to work and respond flexibly and strategically to ongoing change.
Palantir.net is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To learn about our approach to hiring, please take a look at this blog post, “Creating a More Equitable and Agile Hiring Process.”
Applications are due no later than Friday, June 25, 2021. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and any links to project work through this site. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Palantir has an established pay scale that is Midwest competitive and provides equal pay for equal responsibilities by level. Applicants must be located in and legally able to work in the United States. No recruiters please.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Important Request for our Application Process
As part of our initial application process, we request that you remove any personally identifiable information before uploading your resume and cover letter. Our purpose with this request is to reduce unconscious biases; you can read more in our blog post: Creating a More Equitable and Agile Hiring Process
Please keep personally identifiable information limited to the fields you're asked to complete on the screens in this site (BambooHR).
Identifiable characteristics to remove from your resume and cover letter include:
- Replace your name with your initials
- Update your address to city and state only
- Remove email address
- Remove the name of colleges and universities
- If you have a connection with a current or former Palantiri, please wait until later in the process to share your connection