Overview of the position
The primary role of the Senior UX Web Designer is to create visually compelling responsive website designs for clients. Designers will contribute strategically to projects prioritizing a user-centered mindset. Candidates must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing brand systems. Candidates should be comfortable with balancing project objectives, usability best practices, and client needs. You must be comfortable working directly with clients, independently and collaboratively with other members.
- Create concepts and original designs for client projects and internal initiatives.
- Design high-fidelity style tiles, page compositions, and digital style guides.
- Creates HTML/CSS prototypes.
- Produce designs that are on brand.
- Confidently present and provide rationale for your work to teams.
- Be comfortable iterating, receiving feedback, and delivering feedback.
- Work with front-end developers and to identify solutions for executing projects in Drupal and other open source software solutions.
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effectively juggle multiple projects.
- Employ strong communication skills, able to present and defend work to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
- Big picture thinking, keeping client’s business strategies and goals in mind through every project.
- Work within design policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ability to create strategically appropriate and visually compelling responsive website designs.
- Interprets and applies client’s brand standards and guidelines.
- Experience creating design systems and reusable components/patterns.
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch and/or InVision
- Experience working in Agile and self-organizing teams.
- Understands and implements current web accessibility standards.
- Can implement CSS Animations to improve the user experience and overall design of a project.
- Experience developing browser-based prototypes and style guides in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Demonstrated ability to solve design problems quickly with creativity and flexible thinking.
- Effectively manages time between project work and internal initiatives.
- Scopes time and effort involved in design projects
- Serves as a strategic UX design resource
- Able to write documentation for components and their usage.
- Leads and executes all visual design stages from concept to hand-off.
- Experience working with Pattern Lab or other component based design systems.
- Experience designing within the constraints of a CMS.
- Experience working with JIRA or other ticketing systems to manage work.
- Submit a resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio through this site.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Applicants must be located in and legally able to work in the United States.
- No recruiters please
During your first year your accomplishments might include:
First 3 months
- Begin role as UX Designer for a complex Solution Delivery project
- Conduct design discovery
- Design concepts, components and style guide
- Conduct reviews of your and your colleagues’ work on projects
- Collaborate with developer and UX strategist on your team(s)
- Adopt Palantir tooling system and approach to work
- Support colleagues and other members of the UX chapter
First 6 months
- Continue taking full responsibility for your role on project(s)
- Continue active participation in the UX chapter
- Contribute to UX playbooks and sensible defaults
- Identify opportunities for innovation within the UX practice
- Lead the UX design on several projects
- Participate in business development activities by facilitating discussions about design with clients and our teams to meet upcoming client needs.
- Help estimate design work for new business proposals