Building Drupal Sites with Components
Track: Front End
Translating a design to a functioning Drupal theme isn’t always an easy task. Sometimes the backend isn’t complete yet, portions must be shared with a mobile app, or the client wants feedback on an aggressive timeline even before the theme will be ready for review. Our answer to all these problems is building with components, and we’ll show you how it worked for clients.
For advanced themers and developers, Component-driven development with KSS-Node brings the heavy artillery to Drupal Theme and Front-End professional services. We’ll touch on important cornerstones like best practices naming, functional specs, the cascade, and div soup. We’ll also be talking about paragraphs, picture elements, and focusing on reusability. Most importantly, I’ll show you:
- Drupal 7 & Drupal 8 Examples
- Exactly how to setup a site build pipeline with components
- The process of creating a functional, client-deliverable style guide
- How components add value while requiring very little investment in the pipeline itself
- The future of components in Drupal contrib space…
- … and in Drupal 8 core
About Our Presenter:
Derek Reese is a full stack developer specializing in pipelines, software architecture, and toolsets. He has been working with Drupal since version 5. Derek has experience speaking at Drupal Cons, Camps, and to private audiences. He’s helped present everything from new technology pipelines to film pitches.