Getting Started with Drupal (morning)
Drupal Camp Asheville 2021 Online Edition - July 8th-9th
When & Where
About the Speaker(s)
Eric Michalsen is an Onboarding Manager at Pantheon where they guide new customers to all that Pantheon offers. Prior to this Eric was a Drupal/Wordpress developer, and has been in Drupal since 5.x. Eric is based in Kentucky with his wife and 6-year-old daughter, who, as it turns out, has all kinds of ideas for the new 3D printer.
Eric can be found on Twitter @michalsen and is happy to converse on any and all topics, Drupal or not, and Instagram @eric_michalsen where the focus more on "maker stuff" and watchmaking.
Joan Edwards is a Senior Technical Writer at Pantheon. When she’s not writing docs, you can probably find her learning about human computer interaction or Agile methodologies. In her spare time she enjoys biking, reading, and playing music.
Are you Drupal-curious? Just getting started with CMS’ and WebOps? This live, three-hour workshop, will take you from understanding what Drupal is, why Drupal 9 matters, to creating basic content, users, and an overview of more complex Drupal features. No prior experience with Drupal or web development is necessary.
At the end of this workshop, you’ll have an understanding of how content creation in Drupal works, and have a working test site that you can tinker with for as long as you like.
Learning Drupal doesn’t have to stop after this workshop. You’ll get access to a recording of the workshop so you can work through the steps again, plus additional resources to take your learning further so you can leverage WebOps and Drupal to accelerate your workflows.
- What is Drupal?
- What's new in Drupal 9?
- Content Management
- Creating Structured Content
- Creating Dynamic Lists
- Users, Taxonomy, & More
Who Should Attend:
All are welcome. The three-hour course consists of topic-driven lectures and step-by-step exercises delivered online.
Some typical attendees of past events have been:
- WebOps team members: project managers, content creators, site builders, QA testers and anyone else who works with a Drupal site.
- Drupal-curious developers: ever wonder how to build sites with Drupal?
- Junior developers: anyone getting started with web development will learn the foundations of Drupal.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Drupal Basics: Getting set up to create content in Drupal, navigating and understanding the interface, and the benefits of the open source Drupal community.
- Content Types & Fields: Content Management Systems are built to help you manage complex content and relationships. Content Types and Fields are two powerful building blocks that Drupal offers to allow you to create and manage complex data structures within an easy UI.
- Dynamic Lists: You’ll learn how to use Views to create many different dynamic lists that update automatically across your website.
- Q&A: We'll spend a portion of the time answering any questions you have around the essentials of Drupal.
And self-paced resources to keep learning after:
- A recorded version of the workshop
- A workbook with exercises and links to resources
- Free discounts and offers from our training partners
- A free Drupal site running on Pantheon