As a Contract Developer, your day-to-day includes spending your time hands-on developing and collaborating on sites while staying accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
Your typical work week might include:
- Site building and configuration.
- Custom front end and theme layer development. (Drupal)
- Custom module development, and the maintenance of existing custom code. (Drupal)
- Writing custom plugins and themes. (WordPress)
- Documenting code and processes, and participating in peer reviews.
- Participating in client meetings and workshops.
- Actively contributing to the continual improvement of our processes and product.
- Most importantly, having fun working with an incredible team!
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a contract position. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience. Not to worry, the pay is competitive and what you'd expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the United States or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 4+ years of related Drupal or WordPress experience.
- Are experienced working in support (and are willing to do it).
- Have worked in an agency environment, preferably in multiple time zones.
- Show strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, and initiative.
- Know the ins and outs of modern development workflows, including use of the command line, gitflow, containers, and dev/stage/prod environments.
- Experience with pattern libraries or similar tools, like Storybook.
- Deeply understand modern web standards and technologies.
- Exhibit thoughtful, inclusive, and articulate communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Have some React.js experience (this would be an awesome plus).
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.