This year, Drupal Camp Asheville includes a day of training appropriate for both those new to Drupal as well as people eager to learn what is new in Drupal 8.
On Friday, August 12, we will have a full day of training, including:
- An introduction to Drupal: Learn about basic Drupal concepts and how they fit together
- Site-building: Learn how to build websites using Drupal's intuitive user interface
- Theme-building: Understanding Drupal's template system
- Module Development: Know a bit of PHP? Learn how to properly build Drupal modules
- Drupal 8: What's new in Drupal 8 that you need to know
- Symfony2 and Object-Oriented Programming basics: How developing for Drupal 8 is different
- Contributing back: Learn how to contribute to the Drupal project in an introductory sprint
- Build an industrial grade development workflow: an advanced training by Matt Cheney featuring Pantheon using git branches, Drupal 8’s configuration system, and automatic testing.
Training tickets are $50 and include Saturday admission as well. Scholarships are available (contact us if interested).
For those who will be in town on Friday and are not interested in training, we will be conducting sprints all day on Friday (training tickets are not necessary for sprint participation).