There are many tools out there today for hosting Drupal sites with workflow tools built in. There are also a large number of development tools showing up on the scene for local development. Lets get back to basics and learn the root of Drupal deployment from local to production.
In this session we will talk about:
- What to deploy and what to sync
- How to deploy configuration changes (in Drupal 7 and 8)
- The basic steps when deploying a site such as pulling code updates, reverting configuration, updating the database, clearing caches, etc.
- The basic tools we can use for deployment such as bash scripts, fabric, phing, jenkins and more
- A practical team workflow for local -> dev -> stage -> production
- Continuous integration for testing and other tasks
This session will be for people who need to setup their own custom workflows and want to get the steps rights.