Becoming 'Facet'-nated with Search API and DB or Solr backends
Tired of the standard Drupal Search layout and want more Google like information? Looking for a replacement for Google Custom Search Engine? Don't want to code unless you have a really special need? Then this session is for you.
The session will cover:
- Some examples of the Search API on real sites.
- The Search API module and an overview of the DB and Solr backends
- Some pros and cons of selecting a backend
- How to setup and configure your indices (and an understanding of the search terminology used / some 'levers' that can be used focus results)
- Creating a custom search page with facets using Views
The focus will be on doing this in Drupal 8 but everything covered is applicable to D7 as well.
Some knowledge of Drupal's Admin GUI and views would be best but novices will probably be able follow along.
Note: With 45 minutes, the focus will be on configuration and implementation, but not installation of 3rd party software (e.g. not going to cover setting up a Solr server).