The Content Development Bottleneck: Don’t Let Content Slow Down Your Development Projects
Drupal Camp Asheville 2019 - July 12th-14th at Wilma M. Sherrill Center & Kimmel Arena
Website development companies have long struggled with the challenge of getting website content from clients in a timely manner. This causes a variety of problems for web development and programming companies including mismatched expectations, extended project timelines, excessive client communication, delayed project payment timelines, and in some cases unhappy clients. In some cases this can also lead to websites that are ineffective because although the design is functional, the content fails to compel the site visitor to take.
During this presentation we will explore a variety of tools, best practices, and strategies that website development agencies can test and implement to help overcome this challenge.
Starting off on the right foot:
- Contract consideration – Setting clear expectations
- Set deadlines early to catch red flags and set expectations
- Developing Content Branding Guidelines – Making sure everyone is on the same page
- Building Content Development Timelines – How long dues content really take?
- Starting with a Strategic Website Architecture – The right foundation
Content development tricks and tools covered will include:
- Transcribing video interviews
- Ghostwriting from recorded interviews
- Leveraging freelance writers
- Staffing content writing
- Partnering with copywriting and content marketing agencies
Best practices and strategies covered will include:
- Balancing design, conversion and optimization
- Evaluating internal writing talent
- Creating timelines so that if the content is behind schedule you will know quickly
- Use content types to establish templates for design
- Designing for content – An SEO dream come true
- Designing for content extensibility – Making room for sub-pages, read more, and other optimization extensions after the site launch
Experience Level: This presentation will be helpful for owners, operations staff, sales team members, project managers, and other support team members at websites development agencies, firms and corporate teams responsible for building web projects. The technical level of this presentation will be low.
Speaker: Justin Belleme is the founder and Director of Strategy at JB Media Group, a full service Internet marketing agency and also the co-founder and a lead trainer at the JB Media Institute, a comprehensive online marketing education program. He is committed to sharing his knowledge and helping individuals and organizations make informed decisions. Justin’s speaking experience includes dozens of presentations at colleges, universities, small business training programs, workshops, and conferences. The largest event that Justin has spoken at is The Internet Summit, November 2015 in Raleigh, NC.