Designing Design Systems for Drupal
Design systems are all the rage these days, but what exactly is a design system? How do you know when you need one? In this session we'll cover the following:
- What is a design system?
- How do you know when you need a design system?
- How do you thoughtfully plan and model a design system for a CMS like Drupal?
- How do you create and maintain a design system as a team (or teams)?
I'll share real-world examples from projects of varied scale and complexity that our team of Lullabot strategists, designers and developers have worked on.
Who is this session for?
- Designers looking to learn more about what design systems are and how to model them for a CMS like Drupal.
- Content editors and product owners looking for practices and approaches to creating great design systems that empower editors of a Drupal site.
- Content strategists looking for ways to relate the content model to the patterns, components and presentation of the site.
- Front-end and back-end developers wanting better process and strategies for planning out design systems collaboratively.
- Project managers looking for practices to facilitate communication and collaboration by multiple disciplines creating a design system.