Intro to Backdrop CMS
Drupal Camp Asheville 2019 - July 12th-14th at Wilma M. Sherrill Center & Kimmel Arena
Backdrop CMS is the Drupal fork. It's a CMS for the small to medium-sized business, non-profits, educational institutions, and companies or organizations who are delivering complex, comprehensive websites on a budget. This introductory training will cover the basics of creating and administering a website with Backdrop CMS. It should answer your questions about what it is, how it's different from Drupal, and why it might be the right choice for your team.
- In the morning we'll do a meet-and-greet to get to know one another, and what our experience is with Drupal and/or building the web.
- Then we'll have a brief presentation on the philosophy of Backdrop CMS, followed by questions and answers.
- For most of the day we'll build our own Portfolio websites on Backdrop CMS. In the process we will highlight the similarities and differences from doing so with Drupal. In particular we'll cover:
- Creating content (the editorial experience)
- Creating content types + adding fields
- Building Views
- Building Layouts
- Installing modules
- Exporting and importing Configuration
- At the end of the day we'll have a chance to dig into the code. Are you curious about porting modules, updating themes, creating layouts, or upgrading from Drupal 7? Let's do it live, together!