What You'll Do
You didn’t just organize Halloween candy by color, size, and overall brand sentiment — you convinced your friends to adopt your organizational schema. Today, you bring your big-picture thinking, and talents to the Internet.
Kalamuna needs a hands-on project manager to lead and manage Drupal and WordPress projects, including retainer-based, on-going support and maintenance programs. You’ll set initial expectations and push the projects, no matter how big or small, from Discovery, to Design, right through to Implementation and post-launch – balancing schedule, scope, and budget. You’re the connector between and across our cross-functional teams, both internally and with our client partners.
We work within an agile framework to accommodate inevitable change. When snags come up along the way, you’ll be the point person to coordinate with our team to provide solutions or options. Then you will work with the client to determine the best path forward. Because of your efforts, our teams will thrive and our clients will get the outcomes they are looking for.
You’ll also collaborate with our project and account management team for staff and project planning across Kalamuna, making sure your projects’ needs are accounted for and balanced with other projects and internal needs to promote work-life balance and optimize for team member success.
Candidates for this full-time (32-40h/wk) remote position must reside in the US or Canada. If you’re a recruiter or agency, please don’t contact us.
- 2+ years of Agency experience with a proven track record managing CMS projects
- 2+ years of agile experience, including scrum and kanban
- Ability to work in a distributed, remote team
- Ability to manage concurrent emerging needs balanced against higher level priorities
- Proficiency with JIRA + comfort with its reporting capabilities
- Understanding of content strategy, UX, and development roles + relationships
- Experience working with developers, designers, and clients
- Ability to facilitate estimation practices, and measure progress against them
- Experience owning project budget and accuracy of project hours for accurate client billing
- Exceptional people skills
- Clear, concise communication
- Experience writing actionable tickets
- Experience producing documentation for internal teams and client stakeholders
- Ability to recognize changes in scope and act accordingly
- Thorough attention to detail in providing UAT/QA support
- Advanced JIRA/Confluence management
- Higher education and/or nonprofit experience
- Account management experience
- Public speaking and community engagement
- Analytics and Digital Marketing Strategy experience
- Experience in digital accessibility
Working With Us
People are at the ♥ of everything we do.
Kalamuna is driven by a civic spirit to help socially impactful institutions, nonprofits, and governments better communicate with constituents and do right by the people they serve. We bring digital communications to life for organizations as varied as Fair Trade USA, GreenBiz, the American Foundation for the Blind, the Environmental Defence Fund, the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Bay Area FasTrak, and the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.
Kalamuna’s mission is to empower our clients with the research, strategy, design, and technology that will transform their organizations to better serve the needs of their audiences and communities. Kalamuna aligns itself in this manner to make each of our client’s missions our mission. We seek to be impactful, not only for our clients and partners but for the social good of our communities.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development; we’re in this together. Kalamuna offers many benefits, including paid holidays, PTO, paid bereavement leave, parental leave, including health insurance, long and short-term disability, a continued learning & travel stipend, an equipment fund, and a 401(k) with 3% match. We offer flexibility in work hours and accomodations. When pandemic-free, we organize company-wide gatherings like team building workshops, conferencing, and additional fun.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be their authentic selves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most. Meet some of our team at https://youtu.be/K1rtt6oKGEs.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ2S+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that complies with applicable laws.