One Deployment Workflow: Drupal 6-8 on all hosting providers... Say whah!?
Drupal Camp Asheville 2019 - July 12th-14th at Wilma M. Sherrill Center & Kimmel Arena
Tired of having a separate deployment workflow for every project you work on? In this session we'll look at utilizing Composer & GitLab CI to streamline building and pushing any Drupal project to any hosting provider.
What this session will cover
- Establishing a makefile or composer based build process
- Don't committing vendor directories, libraries, compiled SASS, etc... to your git repository
- Standardizing local development routines for Drupal 6-8
- Using composer pre/post commands to extend the build routines
- Running extra build steps like unit testing before code is pushed to production
- Automatically pushing your builds to Pantheon, Platform.sh, Acquia, or SSH based hosting providers
Who is this session for?
This is an introductory session for developers and site builders with a basic understanding of git and want a better developer and deployment workflow. This is not a deep dive into CI, PHPUnit testing, or any other DevOps techniques.