GatsbyJS: A Powerful FE Tool for Decoupled Devs
Drupal Camp Asheville 2020 Online Edition - July 10th-12th
Want to learn about GatsbyJS? What it is and how it can help you and your team?
Is it a framework? Is it a static site generator? GatsbyJS is an exciting way of thinking about building sites for the modern web.
I will cover some of the main benefits that you or your team could experience with Gatsby:
- Fast - It really, really is
- Flexible- Bring your data from wherever. Full Drupal, headless, REST APIs, local filesystem, Gatsby handles it all with GraphQL.
- Fun - The most fun I've had building a site since I first learned React.
Look at the best (and a few not so best) use cases for having Gatsby:
- Most public facing sites (vs. logged-in portion)
- Brochure sites
I will touch on:
- What Gatsby's GraphQL data layer is and how and why to embrace it
- Gatsby's internal API for building a Gatsby starter to fit your team
- Looking at Gatsby's plugin/source/transformer system for taking Gatsby from a a blog-generator to a site-generator